Within the Chain.io portal, you can utilize the SFTP Launcher to add SFTP Jobs which automate downloading files from SFTP servers on a schedule and passing them to a new flow for execution.
Setting Up SFTP Jobs and Using The SFTP Launcher
To have an SFTP Job set up for a Flow you first need to create the Job in the SFTP Launcher Log in to the Chain.io portal and select Settings from the main navigation at the top of the screen.
Next select SFTP Launcher from the list of options
You will now see the SFTP Launcher screen
To add an SFTP Job to use in your Integration Flows, click the Add Job button
You will now see the SFTP Job Configuration screen. This screen and its form fields are used to configure your external SFTP server to use for this SFTP Job.
SFTP Job Configuration
Use this area to add a name for your SFTP Job and enter the details for your SFTP server.
- Name - a unique label for this SFTP Job and its server configuration. This is the name used to identify the server when setting up your Integration Flows
- Server Address - the physical address of your SFTP server (i.e. https;//myfileserver.com/)
- Username - The username needed to log in to the SFTP server
- Password - The password you use to log into the SFTP server
- Port Number - Add the port number that your server uses to accept SFTP connections (The default is 22. Do not change this unless you have confirmed your server IS NOT using the default port.)
- Enable Insecure FTP (Optional) - Select this checkbox if you would like to force the connection to be insecure (Not Recommended)
Use this area to configure the specifics for this SFTP Job.
- Sub-folder - The folder location on the SFTP Server. (ex. /files or /files/documents)
- File Criteria - This field is provided so you can isolate or work with specific files on your server. This criteria for the job needs to be written in Regular Expression. For example, If you wanted to only work with the Excel files you would write your criteria similar to the following: /+\xlsx/.
- Polling Interval - How often would you like this job to run
- Delete, Archive, or Retained - After this job runs, would you like you files Deleted, Archived, or Retained on the server. Retained will leave them untouched.
- Maximum Number of Files - This is a numerical value of the maximum number of files you would like to process within this job.
Integration Endpoint Settings
Use this area to link this SFTP Job to your Integration Flow. To set this up properly you must set the Source System of your Flow to be an API Client. Once that has been completed you can continue filling out the following Fields. To learn more about creating an please read our support article on Host Systems
This URL can be found in the Flow Source System section and is the address of your API.
This API Key should match up with the API key entered into your API Client Source System within the Flow you would like to attach this SFTP job to:
Use this area for more advanced settings.