In this article
Within the Chain.io portal customers have the ability to add an external page that allows users to upload files into the Flow for execution. While this feature is available for all customers, there are limitations based on the type of license that is applied to your workspace and integrations within the Chain.io portal. For example, Enterprise license users have the option of branding their Upload Page with their own logo.
Configuring Your Upload Page
To configure your upload page start a new flow within your integration or navigate to an existing Flow configuration.
Within the Flow Configuration select Upload Page in the right hand sidebar navigation under Go To or scroll to the Upload Page section of the configuration. Within the Upload Page panel, select “enable upload page” to activate the Upload Page as an additional Source connection.
Within the settings customers have the following options:
- Page Title - Title of the page displayed at the top of the page as well as inside the browser’s tab.
- Logo (Enterprise customers only) - Add your company logo to the upload page. Non enterprise users will see the Chain.io logo at the top of their page.
- Upload Page Text - This section is for customers to put information about the page and what it is being used for in terms of the files that need to be uploaded.
- Link to Support Docs - This field is provided so customers can add a link to support documentation for the file type that is being uploaded with this feature.
- Link to File Template - This field can be used by customers to provide a link to a template for the file they would like their users to upload via their page.
- Your Unique URL - Customers have the ability to add a unique suffix to their Upload Page URL to make it easier to link and their users to recall
- Authentication Type - Select how you would like your users to access the Upload Page. Customers have the ability to add three different authentication types for their Upload Page, they include:
- Public - With this authentication type set, customers have the option of not requiring any restrictions to access the upload page. Any one with the link to the page will be able to access and upload files to the Flow for execution.
- Password protected - With this authentication type set, customers will have to establish a password which must be used to access the upload page by anyone with the link.
- Chain.io Portal User - With this authentication type set, customers’ users must have an account with Chain.io and be a part of the customer Workspace, within the portal in order to access the Upload Page.
Once you have added all the configuration options for your use case. Save and Deploy the Flow to activate your Upload Page.
If you would like to see the Upload Page click the copy icon next to the Unique URL and paste it into any browser.
Using Your External Upload Page
To view and use your Upload Page, copy and paste the URL into any browser, or click the external link icon to the right of the Unique URL field in the Upload Page configuration to view your Upload Page. You can use this link to share with your users via emails, as a link from your website, or a bookmark within your internal company tools.
The Upload Page displays the logo, upload page text, and links just above a dropzone area where users can drag files, one-by-one, to have them uploaded. Users can also select their files from their local system by clicking the Choose button. This will bring up a window allowing them to choose a file from their system to upload.
Once a file is present in the dropzone, click the Upload button to initiate the upload of the file to the Flow. When completed, select Upload Another to return to the main Upload Page.
If you need further assistance or have feedback about the Upload Page feature, please send us a message using our support ticket