If you use Cargowise One as your freight management system, you can now setup the connection to Chain.io via the portal.
Warning: Following these instructions will send all outbound eAdaptor traffic from Cargowise One to the Chain.io platform and will break existing middleware. If you want to route your eAdaptor traffic to multiple locations, please setup an EAdaptor Splitter.
Note: These instructions are provided as general guidance and Cargowise may change their processes or feature set at any time. Chain.io does not provide Cargowise configuration services. If you are not comfortable working with the Cargowise registry, Chain.io can recommend a qualified Wisetech Partner to assist you.
- Administrative access to the Cargowise registry
- OWNER level permissions to your Chain.io organization
Enable eAdaptor In Cargowise
If you have not previously used eAdaptor with Cargowise, you'll need to raise a ticket with the Cargowise helpdesk and ask them to enable eAdaptor for your instance. This may take several days. When this is complete, you can continue with this guide.
Set Your eAdaptor Credentials
In the Cargowise registry set a username and password for sending data into Cargowise. In the registry go to Maintain > System > Registry > eServices > eAdaptor > eAdaptor Inbound Authentications and set a secure username and password.
You'll use this username and password to configure Chain.io in a later step.
For more details on configuring this, see the eAdaptor Developers Guide published by Cargowise in the account portal.
Gather your eAdaptor Details
In the Cargowise registry note the value in the Maintain > System > Registry > eServices > eAdaptor > Inbound eAdaptor Service URL. You'll need to enter this value into Chain.io during a later step.
Set a username & password in the eServices > eAdaptor > eAdaptor Inbound Authentications registry setting. Save these values for later.
In the Company you want to obtain a license code for, navigate to the Jump Menu then select the Help action menu button at the bottom, then About. Note the 9 character license code. You'll need these values in a future step.
Configure Cargowise In Chain.io
You now have all the information you need to configure Chain.io to send information to Cargowise.
- Log into you Chain.io company then go to Settings -> Host Systems
- Click the Add Host System button
- Choose Cargowise from the Select A System list and click Next
- Complete the form with the following values:
- Enterprise ID: The first 3 letters of your license code
- Server ID: The Last 3 letters of your license code
- eAdaptor Address: The "Inbound eAdaptor Service URL" you collected earlier
- eAdaptor HTTP Address: The "Inbound eAdaptor Service URL" with the "eadaptorstreamedservice.svc" section replaced with "eAdaptor"
- eAdaptor Username: The username you entered into the Cargowise registry
- eAdaptor Password: The password you entered into the Cargowise registry
- Click Save
- Once you've saved the host, you'll see a value in the eAdaptor Endpoint field. Save this value for later. For your convenience, there is a copy to clipboard button on the right side of the field.
- Click Verify to test your connectivity for sending data to Cargowise.
Configure Cargowise Outbound
- In the Cargowise registry go to eServices > eAdaptor > Outbound eAdaptor Service URL
- If there is already a value in this field, stop and review. Changing this value will break any connections you already have configured. If this happens, contact your Chain.io account representative to discuss our eAdaptor splitter functionality.
- Enter the value you copied from the Chain.io eAdaptor Endpoint field.
- In the Cargowise registry go to eServices > eAdaptor > eAdaptor Outbound Password and set the same value you used for the eAdaptor Password in the Inbound Authentications registry setting.
You've now completed the setup to share data between Chain.io and Cargowise. Cargowise will be an option in the systems drop down in your Chain.io flows. For more details on how to setup workflows to push data from Cargowise consult the Cargowise eAdaptor Developer's Guide available in the account portal.