The Cargowise One TMS system allows outbound connectivity to a single endpoint. This can be challenging if you need your data stream to go to Chain.io and another company like your legacy middleware.
You can configure a flow within Chain.io to take all data from Cargowise and pass it along to your other systems using the same SOAP protocols so you don't have to make any other changes to your existing setups.
To configure a splitter follow these steps:
- Configure your Cargowise One connection to Chain.io. When you do this, do not change the outbound eAdaptor location in Cargowise until you've completed the rest of these steps.
- Create a new Workspace within the Chain.io portal to represent your other middleware system.
- Select Cargowise SOAP as the connection type
- Name the connection, "Cargowise SOAP Passthrough"
- Use the EAdaptor address, IDs, username & password that you are currently using with your other system. The information you enter here is what your other system will receive when you turn on the splitter so it should match what they're receiving today.
- Click save
- Create a New Integration
- Name the integration "eAdaptor Splitter", add a description
- Select Data Routing as the Integration Type **"Send Passthrough"
- Choose the Cargowise Host you setup in step 1 as your source system
- Choose "Any File Type" as the Source File Type
- Choose the "Cargowise SOAP Passthrough" as the Destination Connection
- Save the integration
- Complete changing the outbound registry information in Cargowise to point to Chain.io (the part we skipped in step 1)
Once this is complete, all Cargowise data will flow to both systems seamlessly. You'll be able to see all flow executions within Chain.io for tracing & troubleshooting. You can setup additional integrations within Chain.io to use this data without interrupting your other system's workflows.